Thursday, May 6, 2010

Well Hello There!


Greetings! I’m Merritt Engel, one of the newly selected instructors for this program—Marketing and Technology in the Spring 2011.

I’m thrilled … and not just because Rockhurst is my alma mater.

I’ve taught at Rockhurst before (Communications and Journalism), but this class has special meaning because of what I do by day. I’m Vice President of Merrigan & Co., a marketing firm specializing in communications for non-profits. I develop campaigns and write copy for all media, so I get a chance to see what’s working (and what’s not) for organizations large and small. I’m also fortunate to have a curriculum development committee that is bursting with energy and ideas. Work is already underway.

I hope to bring the most current thinking and best practices to the classroom … along with an all-star lineup of guest speakers (from front line fundraisers to leading direct marketers to dynamo social media mavens).

Most of all, I’m excited to inspire and prepare future non-profit professionals for successful careers. As someone who hires from this pool and works in this world, I know there are great opportunities out there … and great futures for the students who choose them.

No comments:

Post a Comment